Wondering what Carol & Michelle have been up to lately? Want to see if we caught you in a picture from one of our shows or events? Click here!
Get In Touch with the Taste Buds
We love callers! To join us on the air, call 866-823-1077 every Sunday from 10:00am-12:00pm!
Just like a trusted friend, you can count on these local celebrities to visit with you for lunch over the radio every week.
Meet Our Sponsors
With the help of our generous sponsors, Carol and Michelle bring food and fun to you every Sunday morning from 10am until 12pm.
Author: Chef Patrick Hall
Recipe Type: Soup
- 1 pound of beef, cubed
- 1/2 cup of diced onion
- 1/2 cup of diced celery
- 1/2 cup of diced carrot
- 1 cup of new potatoes, diced
- 5 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 cup of red wine
- 2 cups of beef stock
- 1 tablespoon of thyme, chopped
- 6oz of tomato paste
- 2oz Canola Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 cup of bread flour or all purpose
- 1/2 cup of water
- Heat oil in a soup pan.
- Add beef and brown. (Beef should brown and there should be caramelization to the bottom of the pan.)
- Add your onions, celery and carrots. (Mirepoix)
- Add your garlic and cook for 2 min.
- Add your wine to deglaze and reduce by half.
- Add your beef stock.
- Add your tomato paste.
- Add thyme.
- Simmer until beef is tender and potatoes are cooked.
- Taste for seasoning.
- While simmering slowly add your white wash until thickened. (Do not over thicken like pudding but just enough to coat the back of a spoon.)
In some instances if you use a nice fortified beef stock that has had time to reduce or a demi-glace, you will not need thicken your soup. Also you may reduce your soup to the correct consistency without using a white wash.